With a soup diet, you can eat healthily and sustainably and relieve your digestive system. However, in the form of a crash diet, it can also be problematic. Here you can read more about the pros and cons.
Many magazines and journals praise a soup diet primarily as a weight loss diet. So you should “spoon slim” when you “sin” again. However, such an attitude can quickly lead us to starve for days and work exclusively towards an ideal weight. The fact that the food is healthy and sustainable often plays a secondary role.
It not only helps a nutrient deficiency and promotes the yo-yo effect after the diet, but possibly also a negative self-image. Therefore, focus more on healthy eating on the soup diet and do something good for your body. If you want to lose weight, you must continue to focus on your Mental Health and avoid constant food cravings.
Soup diet: general advice
In order to make a soup diet that is not only healthy and filling, but also environmentally friendly, you can consider the following tips:
- Incorporate as many different types of vegetables into your diet as possible. When making your choice, you should base your selection on what is available in season. In autumn and winter, for example, offer pumpkin, potatoesparsnip, kale and leek on top. During the warmer months you can open tomatoescourgette, paprika and broccoli Fall back on. You can find more information about this in our seasonal calendar.
- To save time, you can prepare a large quantity of soup at a time. You can also freeze them in portions and thaw them as needed. Then you will soon always have different types of soup in stock and make sure your menu has enough variety. Point: You can prepare your soups in different ways Freeze without plasticfor example by using them freeze in glass.
- If you want to relieve your intestines for a while, you should cook the vegetables sufficiently and mash the soup well.
- In order not to lose the pleasure of eating, you can spice up your soups with spices, herbs, oils and (vegetable) cream. You can also add lentils and beans before pureeing. They ensure a creamy consistency and give you vegetable protein.
- If you are more hungry, you can also add cooked rice to the soup.
- Do you sometimes crave something sweet? That’s not a problem with a soup diet either. Out of groatssteamed fruits, vegetable drink and hazelnut butter you can make hot soup for breakfast.
If you make sure you get enough calories and nutrients, you can go on a soup diet up to two weeks carry out. After that, you need to slowly reintroduce your digestive system to solid foods. To relieve your body even more, you can also do without alcohol, nicotine and sweets during the soup fast.
Soup Diet: These are the benefits
Done correctly, a soup diet can provide many benefits:
- You therefore eat a lot of vegetables (and possibly also cooked fruit) during this period and you bring a lot of micronutrients.
- If you pay attention to regional foods, this diet is also climate-friendly. After all, you save a lot CO2 emissions a. If you use organic products, you also avoid those of chemical synthesis pesticides.
- In the hustle and bustle of everyday life, we often don’t chew long enough, so our intestines have to struggle with larger chunks of food. That can gas and bloating to favor. With a soup diet, you can give your digestive system a break for a while.
- Especially in the cold season you can warm up with the hot soups at every meal.
- Also, you can try many new ones healthy soup recipes out of. This way you avoid ready meals and can use the cooking time as valuable me time utilize.
- Ideally, you will be motivated to continue eating healthy and sustainably even after the soup diet.
You should pay attention to these disadvantages
Depending on how you design it, a soup diet can also have downsides:
- If you only make low-calorie vegetable soups, you won’t be satisfied. So be sure to eat filling ingredients (like potatoes, pumpkin, legumes or rice) and enough fat (e.g. in the form of high quality vegetable oils or cream (vegan)) to integrate.
- There is a high risk that after a few days of the soup diet, you will get bored quickly and crave solid foods. You can then either take a little break or make sure to make the soups more interesting in terms of taste.
- Maybe you feel like you don’t need to drink as much anymore. After all, you only eat liquid foods all day. Nevertheless, you should continue to drink at least one and a half to two liters of liquid per day. It is best to use (still) water or unsweetened tea.
- As with many forms of dieting, a decisive disadvantage of a soup-based diet is that you can no longer easily go out to eat with friends. After all, you want to go through with your soup cleanse. Therefore, you should not practice this diet for too long. Alternatively, you can treat yourself to an exception or order soup from the restaurant.
Soup diet: recipe ideas
You can find suitable recipes for a soup diet here, for example:
Learn more about Utopia.de:
** marked with a ** or orange underlined Some links to sources of supply are affiliate links: if you buy here, you are actively supporting Utopia.de, because then we receive a small part of the sales proceeds. More information.
Do you like this post?
Thank you for your vote!