»Olio nuovo is the very first oil of the season. Originally, this soup is a simple dish of country cuisine, the olio nuovo ennobles and refines it.
Winter vegetable soup with olio nuovo and toasted bread
- 2 carrots carrot
- 2 Celery sticks celery
- 2 medium onions Onion
- 4 cloves Clove
- 100 g ripe tomatoes tomato
- 2 liter the water the water
- 50 g parmesan crust Parmesan cheese
- 300 g dried cannellini beans Beans
- 1 he coarse salt salt
- 6 sprigs of rosemary (4 for decoration)
- salt to taste salt
- 5 he Olio nuovo (“new olive oil”, freshly pressed) + something to garnish olive oil
- 150 g ripe tomatoes tomato
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar brown sugar
- 150 g yellow pumpkin pumpkin
- 100 g sweet onion Onion
- 70 g celery celery
- 4 he extra virgin olive oil olive oil
- 2 sprigs of thyme sprig of thyme
- 2 medium potatoes Potato
- 250 g black cabbage cabbage
- 100 g Savoy Savoy
- 100 g chard chard
- 1 clove garlic clove garlic
- 80 g parmesan crust Parmesan cheese
- ground peperoncino to taste Peperoncino
- 2 he Fresh cream cream
- 8th slices of bread bread
Wash the vegetables for the vegetable broth. Peel and cut the carrots in half, cut the celery stalks in half, prick the onions with the cloves and cut the tomatoes into cubes. Put everything in a large non-stick saucepan and simmer for a few minutes. Add the water and parmesan and simmer for an hour and a half. Finally, pass the broth through a sieve.
Soak the beans in 1 liter of lukewarm water with 1 tablespoon of coarse salt for 12 hours overnight. Drain, rinse under running water. Place in a saucepan with water, add 1 sprig of rosemary, a little salt and 2 tablespoons of olio nuovo and cook over low heat for 1 hour. Drain the beans and set aside, reserving the cooking water.
Cut the tomatoes into cubes, mix with 1 teaspoon of brown sugar and leave to infuse. Clean the pumpkin and cut it into cubes. Finely chop the onion and celery and brown them with the diced pumpkin in a large saucepan with 4 tablespoons of olive oil over low heat for 1 minute. Add 1 sprig of rosemary and the 2 sprigs of thyme, add half the water from the beans and the potatoes and cook for another 10 minutes. Finely chop the black cabbage, savoy cabbage and chard and add them to the soup. Add the tomatoes and the hot vegetable broth, the garlic and the parmesan zest, season with the peperoncino and cook, covered, for 1 hour. Puree half of the beans with the rest of the cooking water, 1 tablespoon of olio nuovo and 2 tablespoons of fresh cream and add to the vegetable soup. Continue cooking for 10 minutes, then add the remaining beans. Finish with 2 tablespoons of olio nuovo. Let the soup rest for 15 minutes. Remove the garlic clove and the parmesan zest.
toast slices of bread. Place a slice in the center of a deep plate, cover with soup and finish with another slice of bread and a dash of olio nuovo. Decorate with 1 sprig of rosemary.